Friday, May 06, 2011

Chobi-licious!

BFF!!!!! 
Ruthie has posted her pictures (chobi) from our trip!  So you should check them out.  Apologies in advance for the ridiculous number of sunset pictures that worked there way into the album!  It was a pretty magical night though. And trust me, for every one she posted, there are like 5 more.  Trigger happy!
The whole album kind of looks like this (jk, kind of).
Other highlights that the album offers (other than running commentary from both of us--feel free to contribute!):
-- Some of the pictures that you may have already seen from our adventures in Dhaka
-- The beautiful views of Cox's Bazar and the absolutely ridiculous names of the rooms at Mermaid's Ecolodge (we tried to get the back story on them, but we were told that there wasn't one.  Riiiiiiiight.  You decide)
-- Soccer on the beach! We turned the hotel into a Club Med of sorts.  The guys might have called me "m'am" throughout the game but that didn't stop them from knocking me over!
-- The epic saga of how one prepares to ATTEND a wedding (I shudder to think about how much prepping the bride had to go through)--some pretty racy pictures of us in the various stages of saree application that you don't want to miss.  There might be a little midrift.
Couldn't resist.
-- And of course, the wedding.  Little different flavor from the royal wedding, which took place the same day, but we were both happy to be where we were.


And now, back to real life for me.  I've got some serious deadlines coming up next months, as our book is supposed to go to press on July 1!  When not writing, my other goals include:
1.  Popularizing "that's what she said"  (totally going to happen)
2.  Trying to figure out a way to meet Messi when the Argentina-Nigeria exhibition game happens in September (love the fact that BFF is all over the sports page--Bangladesh Football Federation).  I'm blond and speak Spanish, how hard can it be?
3.  Submitting a "36 hours in Dhaka" column for the NYT.  Why anyone would only want to spend 36 hours here, I don't know, but it's a start!
4.  Suggestions??  I don't sound busy enough?  Struggling to find the work-life balance?

FYI: Ruthie convinced me to join Twitter and I feel like I'm on information overload--I know that Jonathan is going to the zoo and James Oliver is missing his pants.  A lot to process.  If you're interested in experiencing my inner dialog (it's a little scary), you can follow me at mariamayhem523.   Worldwide web, here I come!
Such a tweetie pie, she is

No comments: