Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Snapping it up

The last few weeks have been packed with fun!!  And as it happens, I've had my camera with me for many of them.
I went to a wedding.   In a white dress!
In Feni, after visiting the amusement park, we stop for snacks
and a stroll at a local pond.  It is way calm.
We head back to Comilla where we spend the night
at a BRAC training center.  The place is empty and
there's no one to stare as we play volleyball on the
badminton court.
We wake up kind of early, then eat breakfast slowly and get
lost on beautiful country roads, but eventually make it to Moynamati,
a Buddhist monastery from the 8th century.
The whole crew having fun.

Double trouble.

Shazzad finds peace and enlightenment in a former dorm room
While I fly like an eagle.
When I said I'd be getting my own column this year,
this isn't exactly what I had in mind.......
Just when we thought we'd had enough surprises for one weekend,
we stumble across a WWII cemetery that's been immaculately maintained.
Soldiers from India, Australia, England, and all over Africa buried here.
A different side of globalization.
The nice thing about living a country that's about the size of Wisconsin is that you can get pretty much anywhere on an overnight bus from Dhaka.  It's that small.
What's not pictured here is the crazy traffic awaiting us as we came back Saturday evening, and the guy we saw cleaning the inside of ears on the street, with some dirty, pointy metal tools. He could start his own wax museum.

No comments: