Saturday, April 19, 2014

Joining the mob

It's been a crazy month.  I've got to catch up on posting.
First things first, my innovative team convinced me that the best way to create buzz about our new innovation fund was to.......do a flash mob at our BRAC day fair.  Why not?  I'm pretty sure it's the first flash mob that's ever been attempted at BRAC!
It hasn't quite gone viral yet, but we're pretty satisfied with it.




A few days later, I went up to Northern Bangladesh with a group of visitors from a learning network that we're leading.  After months of skyping (usually interrupted by power cuts on at least one side), it was really nice to have some face to face time with everyone.

I think Northern Bangladesh has some of the country's most beautiful landscapes.  I've never been at this time of year before, and I was surprised to find tobacco set out to dry in almost every village we visited! 

 Smelled a bit like North Carolina.

At the end of our trip, we stopped by the village of Begum Rokeya, one of the first prominent South Asian feminists and writers.  There is a library and university named in her honor.

No comments: